Workshop “Know your bike”
You are the only one who knows you best!
Even before I started my business, at the very early beginning – some of my friends liked to stay around and wanted to screw on their own. This was the input for this workshops.
Workshop “Know your bike”
Duration: 1 day (approx from 9:00am – 5:00pm, but don’t arrange anything for later, sometimes it takes time!)
Prerequisites: Your bicycle or one you want to get an inner view (you need to have allowance to work on it!!), Workshop language is either German or English
Participants: 2 participants is optimal, you may bring other visitors or friends/family as long as we have enough space; for bigger groups (means 3 plus participants we need to arrange something extra)
Costs: 190€ per participant, please expect additional costs for repair- and spare-parts (ie. brakes or tyres)
- First of all: I will need to see the bicycles before we start the workshop, in case we need to order any parts
- Disassemble of your bicycle
- break and gear cables
- rear and front derailleur
- lights and cables
- luggage/carriers and fenders
- disassemble of gears and
- tires and wheel parts
- maintenance of the fork
- control / service the brake system
- replace break and gear cables, chain in case (add. costs!)
- clean all parts manually
- Assemble bicycle
- replace/renew spare/repair-parts
- maintain headset, install fork, headset/stem/handlebar
- (in case) bottom bracket renew, mount crank and derailleurs
- mount all attachment parts (fender, carriers, etc.)
- wheels incl. tires and tubes, control bearings and mount brakes (incl. brakes bleed)
- mount gears and chain
- final position setup incl. saddle, and grips and pedals
- mount lights and check wiring and cables
- jointly finish check-list
- service suspension fork
- center wheels/control hubs
- in case replace handlebar ribbon
You will get a lot of insights into the bicycle mechanics and technology, as well as a lot of details of your own bicycle.
Follow this link for next dates (doodle)
Location currently is the Lab
There is no guarantee or warranty for anything you do on your own. Also – no promises – there is no ensure your bicycle is in better condition after the work than it was before.
I also reserve the right to reject workshops and bicycles without any detailed comments – especially when i think the condition of the bikes is “complete” defective or is not economically meaningful repairable. This is one reason behind the pre-check of the bicycles.
Furthermore you accept all my other terms and conditions.